Access databases, web sites, and current business financial information
Last Updated: Sep 20, 2017
Internet Sites on Business Plans
These web sites provide links to useful business plans:
News and articles on women's issues in business.
- Office of Women's Business Ownership
Information on financing and starting a business.
- SCORE: Resources for Women Entrepreneurs
The site offers help to locate all the necessary resources to start and grow your business.
- SBA: Women Owned Businesses
Training web site to provide information and expertise to entrepreneurial women to start, finance, run, expand, and market their businesses.
- WBENC Women's Business Enterprise National Council
"The Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), founded in 1997, is the largest third-party certifier of businesses owned controlled, and operated by women in the United States. WBENC, a national 501(c)(3) non-profit, partners with 14 Regional Partner Organizations to provide its national standard of certification to women-owned businesses throughout the country. WBENC is also the nation's leading advocate of women-owned businesses as suppliers to America's corporations."
- WGSS Women and Gender Sections Studies
A project of the Women's Studies Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries, this web site offers links to associations and organizations, directories of women-owned businesses, resources for start ups, newsletters and journals, and more.
- Women's Bureau: US Department of Labor
Fact sheets, statistical data, and publications on many issues important to wage-earning women.
- NAWBO National Association of Women Business Owners
(NAWBO) propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social and political spheres of power worldwide by: •Strengthening the wealth creating capacity of our members and promoting economic development within the entrepreneurial community •Creating innovative and effective change in the business culture •Building strategic alliances, coalitions and affiliations •Transforming public policy and influencing opinion makers
- Women in the Labor Force 2014
Includes a 101-page document detailing the role of women in the work force
- 2014 State of Women-Owned Businesses Report
Research by Womenable and commissioned by American Express Plus
- Overcoming the Gender Gap: Women Entrepreneurs as Economic Drivers - Lesa Mitchell - Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
- SBA Women in Busines Resouces
- 21st Century Barriers to Women's Entrepreneurship: Majority Report of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Democratic Characteristics of Business Owners 2014
Explore these links for information on setting up a business in Michigan and in local counties.